Time & Location
About the Event
This introductory class walks through the steps of making your own fermented kimchi at home! We'll discuss the history, nutritive value and simple technique of fermenting vegetables. We'll also cover troubleshooting your ferments, best ingredients and supplies to use, flavoring options and more!
If you'd like to participate in making your own batch of kimchi along with us please have the following items available:
*For veggies, organic is best if possible.
- 1 head of napa cabbage
- 1 daikon radish or two watermelon radishes
- 2 carrots (optional)
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 3-4 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons (or more) of dried kimchi chile, gochujang, or red pepper flakes
- Additive-free fish sauce or soy sauce (optional)
- Sea salt
- 2 wide mouth quart jars or 1 half gallon jar
- Large mixing bowl
- Knife and cutting board
Classes are sliding scale $20-$40. Please pay what you can. We appreciate your support during such challenging times!
- Sliding Scale II$20$200$0
- Sliding Scale III$30$300$0
- Sliding Scale IV$40$400$0