QUICK PICKLING & CANNING
Time & Location
About the Event
You can pickle that! Learn the basics of pickling with vinegar to make quick (refrigerator) pickles or canned pickles for the pantry. Make the most out of your veggies before they wilt in your fridge!
Join us as we take you through the vinegar pickling process start to finish! As a student in this class, you have the option to either just watch and listen OR make your very batch of quick pickles along with us! We will also discuss and demonstrate the water bath canning process.
Note: the pickles made together in this class will not be canned for long-term preserving. These quick pickles will be stored in your fridge to be enjoyed within a few weeks.
If you plan to make pickles with us during class, you will need:
- Any mix of the following seasonal vegetables: carrots, cauliflower, radishes, onions, peppers, asparagus, pickling cucumbers, green beans, and/or fennel. (If using picking cucumbers, give them an ice water bath 2 hours before class!)
- 1 cup of any of the following vinegars: apple cider vinegar, rice wine vinegar, white distilled or white wine vinegar
- 1 cup of filtered water
- Sea salt or non-iodized kosher salt
- Sugar or honey (optional)
- Pickling Spice or a mix of spices from your pantry
- - Or - our Vinegar Pickling Starter Kit (Includes Custom Pickling Spice, Quart Jar, Salt & Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 quart jar or 2 pint size jars
- Small saucepan
- Canning funnel (optional)
- Ladle or small heat proof pitcher (optional)
Classes are sliding scale $25-$40. Please pay what you can. We appreciate your support during such challenging times!
- Sliding Scale I$25$250$0
- Sliding Scale II$32.50$32.500$0
- Sliding Scale III$40$400$0