Time & Location
About the Event
This introductory class walks through the steps of making your own kombucha at home! We'll discuss the history, nutritive value and simple technique of brewing kombucha. We'll also cover troubleshooting your SCOBY, best ingredients to use, flavoring options, bottling and carbonating! As a student in this class, you have the option to either just watch and listen OR make your very own batch of kombucha along with us!
If you'd like to participate in making your own kombucha along with us please have the following items available:
- A kombucha SCOBY and 2 cups of mature, unflavored kombucha (this is sold together as one item in our store and online)
- Unflavored green or black tea (6-8 tea bags or 2-3 tablespoons loose tea)
- 1 cup cane sugar
- A wide mouth gallon jar
- Or our Kombucha Starter Kit (includes SCOBY, Black Tea, Reusable Tea Bag, Sugar, Cloth Cover, Recipe Guide and Gallon Jar! )
- One gallon stock pot
Classes are sliding scale $25-$40. Please pay what you can. We appreciate your support during such challenging times!
- Sliding Scale I$25$250$0
- Sliding Scale II$32.50$32.500$0
- Sliding Scale III$40$400$0