VEGAN CULTURED CHEESEMAKING
Time & Location
About the Event
This is a previously recorded, live, virtual workshop from our Pandemic Preserving from Home Series. We are sharing these videos at a discounted rate for those who missed the live series. While you may not be able to ask questions in real time, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to make your own vegan, fermented, nut-based cheeses!
You can join us during class or simply watch, take notes and create on your own time!
What you’ll learn:
- How to create your own starter culture to ferment your own vegan cheese
- How to create the best cheesy flavor for your non-dairy cheeses
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What you’ll need to make Cultured Nut Cheese with us:
- 2 cups cashews, macadamia nuts or almonds
- Silicone spatula
- Large wide mouth jar or bowl for pureed nuts
- Fine sea salt
- Muslin cloth, towel or plastic wrap
Culture of choice (choose one of the following three)
- ¼ cup Homemade Rejuvelac (made 5-7 days in advance)
- Vegan Yogurt Starter
- ¼ cup of plain, live (probiotic) vegan yogurt
- 5-7 days before class Make your own Rejuvelac (unless you are using one of the other recommended starter cultures
- The morning of class, (about 10am) soak all 2 cups of nuts in a bowl with plenty of water for 8 hours.
Copyright 2020 Preserved. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this recording is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
- Discounted Class Rate$25$250$0