MAKING WATER KEFIR
Time & Location
About the Event
This is a previously recorded, live, virtual workshop from our Pandemic Preserving from Home Series. We are sharing these videos at a discounted rate for those who missed the live series. While you may not be able to ask questions in real time, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to make your own probiotic water kefir at home! Similar to kombucha but less vinegary in flavor and more densely probitic, Water Kefir is gaining in popularity, and for good reason!
You can join us during class or simply watch, take notes and create on your own time!
What you’ll learn:
- How to brew Water Kefir safely and successfully
- How to troubleshoot your Water Kefir cultures
- How to infuse water kefir with a variety of flavor combinations
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What you’ll need to make Water Kefir with us:
- 1 quart of filtered water
- Active Water Kefir Grains (live cultures are available in-store only)
- 1/4 cup cane sugar (ideally 1/8 cup regular sugar, 1/8 cup raw sugar)
- A wide mouth quart jar
- Muslin cloth or thin towel
- Small stainless steel strainer
- If you've ordered our dehydrated Water Kefir Grains, please follow the instructions to rehydrate and activate them ASAP, preferably several days prior to class.
Copyright 2020 Preserved. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this recording is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
- Discounted Class Rate$25$250$0