Time & Location
About the Event
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to make your own fruit vinegars from scratch at home. We’ll cover two different methods: making your own fruit scrap vinegar from nearly ANY fruit, or making your own wine vinegar, malt vinegar, rice vinegar etc from already fermented alcohol.
You can join us during class or simply watch, take notes and create on your own time!
What you’ll learn:
- How to make a fruit vinegar from nearly any fruit
- How to make your own wine, malt or rice vinegar
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What you’ll need to make a Fruit Vinegar with us:
- Fresh fruit (about two cups, chopped, of one type of fruit per quart jar) Great options include pineapple, apples, pears, berries or stone fruit (can be thawed from frozen)
- Wide mouth quart jar(s)
- tamper, pounder, muddler or masher of some sort!
- Muslin cloth, thin towel or coffee filter
- Cane sugar
- (optional) 1/4 cup vinegar mother or 1/4 cup raw, unpastuerized vinegar
- Access to an internet ready computer or tablet
How the online workshop works
- We’ll email you a registration confirmation which includes the Zoom link and password. After the workshop, you’ll receive a pdf copy of the recipes and processes covered in the workshop
- Step-by-step demonstrations
All sales are final. Virtual Workshops are recorded, and can be shared if you miss our class. If you do not wish to be part of the recording, you may turn off your video during class.
Copyright 2020 Preserved. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this recording is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
- ADMIT ONE$40$400$0
- SLIDING SCALE ADMISSION$32.50$32.500$0
- SLIDING SCALE ADMISSION$25$250$0