FERMENTING VEGETABLES: KRAUT
Time & Location
About the Event
This is a previously recorded, live, virtual workshop from our Pandemic Preserving from Home Series. We are sharing these videos at a discounted rate for those who missed the live series. While you may not be able to ask questions in real time, you can always email us at email@example.com.
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to make your own probiotic, nutrient-dense sauerkraut and kimchi at home! This class will build your confidence in shredded ferments and inspire fun flavor combinations! You can join us during class or simply watch, take notes and create on your own time!
What you’ll learn:
- How to ferment vegetables successfully
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What you’ll need to make a batch of Sauerkraut with us:
- 1-2 heads of green or red cabbage, ideally organic
- Optional shredded vegetable additions like: fennel & apple; carrot & jalapeno; ginger & seaweed
- Optional spices or our classic Kraut Pickling Spice
- Sea salt
- Knife, cutting board and large bowl
For 2 heads of cabbage you'll need:
- Large Fermenting Veggie Kit or a gallon size jar and a creative weight to fit inside (we'll discuss options in class)
For just 1 head of cabbage you'll need:
- 2 quart jars or 1 half-gallon jar
- Pickle Weights & Airlock Lids (or we will discuss other creative weight options in class)
Copyright 2020 Preserved. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this recording is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
- Discounted Class Rate$25$250$0