CULTURED CHEESES: CHEVRE, FROMAGE BLANC & CREAM CHEESE
Learn how to make soft and spreadable, cultured cheeses like chevre, fromage blanc and/or cream cheese at home!
Time & Location
Feb 10, 2021, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Live Online Event hosted on Zoom
About the Event
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to make soft and spreadable, cultured cheeses like chevre, fromage blanc and/or cream cheese at home!
You can join us during class or simply watch, take notes and create on your own time!
Note: If participating, you will need to tend to your cheese culture overnight and strain the next morning.
What you’ll learn:
How to use different types of rennet and cheese cultures to eventually make any type of cheese you desire!
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What you’ll need to make a batch of cheese with us:
- 1 gallon whole milk of choice (goat, cow, sheep). Avoid Ultra Pastuerized Milk (UHT) milk
- Goat’s milk makes “Chevre”, sheep or cow make “Fromage blanc”
- To make Cream Cheese sub ½ gallon cow’s milk plus ½ gallon of cream!
- Vegetarian rennet or animal rennet
- Cheese Culture (choose one option)
- 1 packet of mesophilic culture
- 1/8 tsp Flora Danica culture
- 1/8 tsp MA4001 culture
- 1/8 tsp MM100 culture
- 1/4 cup of cultured buttermilk
- Stirring spoon or silicone spatula
- Large stock pot (for the gallon of milk!)
- Ladle or slotted spoon
- ~2 feet of muslin cloth
- Large Strainer or Colander
- Large bowl for underneath strainer or colander
- Thermometer with temperature range of at least 50-200
- Access to an internet ready computer or tablet
- About 30 minutes before class starts remove your milk from the fridge and let temper to room temperature.
How the online workshop works:
- We’ll email you a registration confirmation which includes the Zoom link and password. After the workshop, you’ll receive a pdf copy of the recipes and processes covered in the workshop
- Step-by-step demonstrations
All sales are final. Virtual Workshops are recorded, and can be shared if you miss our class. If you do not wish to be part of the recording, you may turn off your video during class.
Copyright 2020 Preserved. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this recording is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
SLIDING SCALE ADMISSION
SLIDING SCALE ADMISSION