QUICK PICKLING & CANNING
Time & Location
About the Event
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to pickle seasonal vegetables (and maybe some fruit!) with vinegar to make quick (refrigerator) pickles or canned pickles for the pantry.
What you’ll learn:
- How to quick pickle (almost) any vegetable
- Safe methods for water-bath canning acidic foods
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What you’ll need to Qiuck Pickle with us:
- Access to an internet ready computer or tablet
- Any mix of the following seasonal vegetables: carrots, cauliflower, radishes, onions, peppers, asparagus, pickling cucumbers, green beans, and/or fennel.
- Filtered water
- Small saucepan
- Canning funnel (optional)
- Ladle or small heat proof pitcher (optional)
- Our Vinegar Pickling Starter Kit (Includes Custom Pickling Spice, Quart Jar, Salt & Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Sea salt or non-iodized kosher salt
- Sugar or honey (optional)
- Pickling Spice or a mix of spices from your pantry
- Any of the following vinegars: apple cider vinegar, rice wine vinegar, white distilled or white wine vinegar
- At least one quart jar or two pint jars
Please note: The pickles made together in this class will not be canned for long-term preserving. You will store it in the refrigerator and enjoy within 3 months.
- If using pickling cucumbers, give them an ice water bath in the fridge 2 hours before class
How the online workshop works
- We’ll email you a registration confirmation which includes the Zoom link and password. After the workshop, you’ll receive a pdf copy of the recipes and processes covered in the workshop
- Step-by-step demonstrations
All workshop sales are final. We do not allow recordings.
- Sliding Scale I$25$250$0
- Sliding Scale II$32.50$32.500$0
- Sliding Scale III$40$400$0