Time & Location
About the Event
This introductory class walks through the steps of making your own fermented veggies at home! We'll discuss the history, nutritive value and simple technique of fermenting vegetables like sauerkraut and classic sour dill pickles. We'll also cover troubleshooting your ferments, best ingredients and supplies to use, flavoring options and more! As a student in this class, you have the option to either just watch and listen OR make your very own ferment along with us!
If you'd like to participate in making your own batch of sauerkraut along with us please have the following items available:
- 1 large head of green or red cabbage, ideally organic
- Sea salt
- 2 wide mouth quart jars or 1 half gallon jar
- Large mixing bowl
- Knife and cutting board
- Pickle Weights & Airlock Lids for each quart jar; or our Large Fermenting Kit (since this is a gallon size you can buy 2 large heads of cabbage to fill it!)
- Kraut Pickling Spice
Classes are sliding scale $25-$40. Please pay what you can. We appreciate your support during such challenging times!
- Sliding Scale I$25$250$0
- Sliding Scale II$32.50$32.500$0
- Sliding Scale III$40$400$0