CULTURED CREAM: CREME FRAICHE, BUTTER & BUTTERMILK
Time & Location
About the Event
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to culture cream to make 3 amazing products in one batch! Thick and creamy creme fraiche aka sour cream, tangy cultured butter, and REAL traditional buttermilk at home! You can join us during class or simply watch, take notes and create on your own time!
What you’ll learn:
- How to transform fresh cream into creme fraiche, butter and buttermilk
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What you’ll need to make Cultured Cream with us:
- 1 pint of heavy / whipping cream
- Buttermilk Starter Culture or 2 tbsp of live, unflavored yogurt or kefir
- 1 quart-sized jar
- Cloth cover
- Butter churner (optional)
- Medium -sized bowl
- Silicone spatula
- Ice and water
Advance Prep for CULTURED BUTTER:
- 1-2 days before class combine 1 pint of heavy cream with one packet of Buttermilk or 2 tbsp yogurt or kefir in a clean 1-quart jar. Cover jar with a thin cloth and secure with a rubber band. Let ferment at room temperature, out of direct sunlight. Stir 1-2 times a day. Take note, the cream will naturally thicken. This is ok! Keep at room temperature to use in class and have the jar lid handy.
How the online workshop works
- We’ll email you a registration confirmation which includes the Zoom link and password. After the workshop, you’ll receive a pdf copy of the recipes and processes covered in the workshop
- Step-by-step demonstrations
All sales are final. Virtual Workshops are recorded, and can be shared only if you miss our class. If you do not wish to be part of the recording, you may turn off your video during class.
Copyright 2021 Preserved. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this recording is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
- ADMIT ONE$40$400$0
- SLIDING SCALE ADMISSION$32.50$32.500$0
- SLIDING SCALE ADMISSION$25$250$0