CUCUMBER PICKLING, TWO WAYS!
Time & Location
About the Event
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to pickle cucumbers, in every way! Traditional fermented Kosher-style Dills and Quick Vinegar Pickled Cucumbers (also dill and bread and butter style!)! You can join us during class or simply watch, take notes and create on your own time!
What you’ll learn:
- The difference between fermented and vinegar-style pickles
- The fundamentals of vegetable fermentation and quick pickling
- How to make your cucumber pickles super crisp and extra delicious
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What you’ll need to Pickle with us:
- Small (less than 6”) pickling cucumbers (the variety with the thick skin and warts!) Have enough to fill ~3 quart jars.
- 1 gallon filtered water
- Sea salt
- Sugar or honey (if you want to make bread and butter pickles)
- Dill Pickling Spice and Bread & Butter Pickling Spice or a mix of similar spices from your pantry
- Apple cider vinegar, white distilled or white wine vinegar
- 3 fresh grape leaves
- Bunch of fresh dill
- Fermentation Pickle Weight & optional Airlock Lid; or our Small Fermenting Veggie Kit
- 2-3 quart jars
- Knife & cutting board
- Small saucepan
- Soak whole cucumbers in an ice water bath in the fridge 2-4 hours prior to class
How the online workshop works
- We’ll email you a registration confirmation which includes the Zoom link and password. After the workshop, you’ll receive a link to the recipes and processes covered in the workshop
- Step-by-step demonstrations
All sales are final. Virtual Workshops are recorded, and can be shared if you miss our class. If you do not wish to be part of the recording, you may turn off your video during class.
Copyright 2020 Preserved. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this recording is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
- ADMIT ONE$40$400$0
- SLIDING SCALE ADMISSION$32.50$32.500$0
- SLIDING SCALE ADMISSION$25$250$0