SPRING KRAUT & KIMCHI MAKING
Learn to make your own sauerkraut, kimchi and other shredded ferments with both traditional and non-traditional ingredients for the perfect custom batch!
Time & Location
May 12, 2021, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM PDT
Live Online Event hosted on Zoom
About the Event
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to make your own probiotic, nutrient-dense sauerkraut and kimchi at home! This class will build your confidence in making shredded ferments and inspire fun flavor combinations! You can join us during class or simply watch, take notes and create on your own time!
What you’ll learn:
- How to ferment vegetables successfully
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What produce you’ll need to make your own Sauerkraut:
- 1 large head of green or red cabbage, ideally organic
- Optional shredded vegetable additions like: fennel, apple, carrot, jalapeno, seaweed, ginger and more!
What produce and ingredients you’ll need to make your own Kimchi:
- 1 large head of Napa cabbage, ideally organic
- 1 daikon radish or two watermelon radishes
- 2 carrots (optional)
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 3-4 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons (or more) of dried kimchi chile, gochujang, or red pepper flakes
- Additive-free fish sauce or soy sauce (optional)
Other ingredients and equipment you'll need.
- Pickle Weight & Airlock Lid; or our Small Fermenting Veggie Kit (or we will discuss other options in class)
- Sea salt
- 1-2 quart jars or larger vessels
- Knife, cutting board and large bowl
- Access to an internet ready computer or tablet
How the online workshop works:
- We’ll email you a registration confirmation which includes the Zoom link and password. After the workshop, you’ll receive a pdf copy of the recipes and processes covered in the workshop
- Step-by-step demonstrations
All sales are final. Virtual Workshops are recorded, and can be shared if you miss our class. If you do not wish to be part of the recording, you may turn off your video during class.
Copyright 2020 Preserved. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this recording is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
SLIDING SCALE ADMISSION$32.50
SLIDING SCALE ADMISSION$25.00