SPRING JAM MAKING
Have you always wanted to make jam but never knew how? Are you a seasoned jam maker who wants to improve your skills? Now is the perfect time to become an expert on this time-honored craft!
Time & Location
May 23, 2021, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM PDT
Live Online Event hosted on Zoom
About the Event
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to make the most flavorful fruit preserves with master jam maker Rachel Saunders, founder of Blue Chair Fruit Co. and author of The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook.
What you’ll learn:
- How to make seasonal fruit jams without added pectin
- How to preserve jam using the oven-canning method
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What you’ll need to make jam with us:
- A scale
- 3 lbs organic blueberries, blackberries, olalliberries, boysenberries or rhubarb (trimmed and cut into 1" pieces) or a combination thereof. (Frozen berries are ok! Other spring and summer fruits will be discussed in class but require advanced prep, therefore will not be able to make in real time with us.)
- 1.5 lbs plain cane sugar
- Approximately 1/2-3/4 cup lemon juice, either freshly squeezed or bottled not from concentrate (Note: not Meyer lemon juice)
- 8-quart wide stainless steel soup pot, enameled cast iron dutch oven, or copper jam pan
- Large silicone or other heatproof spatula
- Oven mitts or heat-resistant gloves
- Approximately 5 clean 8oz mason jars with lids or equivalent
- Canning funnel
- Ladle or 2 small heat proof pitchers
- Access to an internet ready computer or tablet
Please note: The jam made together in this class will not be canned for long-term preserving. You will store it in the refrigerator and enjoy within 6 months.
How the online workshop works
- We’ll email you a registration confirmation which includes the Zoom link and password. After the workshop, you’ll receive a pdf copy of the recipes and processes covered in the workshop
- Step-by-step demonstrations
All sales are final. Virtual Workshops are recorded, and can be shared if you miss our class. If you do not wish to be part of the recording, you may turn off your video during class.
Copyright 2021 Preserved. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this recording is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
Sliding Scale I$25.00
Sliding Scale II$32.50
Sliding Scale III$40.00