Make your own homemade vinegar from either leftover wine or fresh fruit/ fruit scraps!
Time & Location
Previously Recorded Virtual Class
About the Event
This is a previously recorded, live, virtual workshop from our Pandemic Preserving from Home Series. We are sharing these videos at a discounted rate for those who missed the live series. While you may not be able to ask questions in real time, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to make your own fruit vinegars from scratch at home. We’ll cover two different methods: making your own fruit scrap vinegar from nearly ANY fruit, or making your own wine vinegar, malt vinegar, rice vinegar etc from already fermented alcohol.
You can join us during class or simply watch, take notes and create on your own time!
What you’ll learn:
- How to make a fruit vinegar from nearly any fruit
- How to make your own wine, malt or rice vinegar
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What you’ll need to make a Fruit Vinegar with us:
- Fresh fruit (about two cups, chopped, of one type of fruit per quart jar). Great options include pineapple, apples, pears, berries or stone fruit (can be thawed from frozen)
- Wide mouth quart jar(s)
- tamper, pounder, muddler or masher of some sort!
- Muslin cloth, thin towel or coffee filter
- Cane sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar mother or 1/4 cup raw, unpastuerized vinegar
Copyright 2020 Preserved. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this recording is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
Discounted Class Rate$30.00