MAKING COUNTRY WINES
Learn the fundamentals of making a wild fermented country wine at home using ripe backyard (or market) stone fruits and berries!
Time & Location
Jul 01, 2021, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Live Online Event hosted on Zoom
About the Event
In this online workshop we’ll be demonstrating how to make your own country wine from backyard or market fruit! You can join us during class or simply watch, take notes and create on your own time!
What you’ll learn:
- How to make country wine from a variety of fruits
- The fundamentals of alcohol brewing
- The fundamentals of wild fermentation
- Which tools you need for success
- What ingredients work best
What you’ll need to make Country Wine with us:
- 3-5 lbs of fresh ripe fruit like stone fruit or berries (plums and blackberries are best)
- ~2 lbs of cane sugar
- 1 gallon of filtered water
- 2 gallon food-grade bucket or crock
- Cloth towel
- Brew Your Own Starter Kit
Or kit contents:
- Gallon growler, airlock & #6 stopper or gallon jar with airlock lid
- Small racking cane or mini auto-siphon
- Bottle filler
- Remove pits or stems from fruit before class
How the online workshop works
- We’ll email you a registration confirmation which includes the Zoom link and password. After the workshop, you’ll receive a link to the recipes and processes covered in the workshop
- Step-by-step demonstrations
All sales are final. Virtual Workshops are recorded, and can be shared if you miss our class. If you do not wish to be part of the recording, you may turn off your video during class.
Copyright 2020 Preserved. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this recording is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
Sliding Scale I
Sliding Scale II
Sliding Scale III